Difference between revisions of "Category:Primary General Presidencies"
m (→General Presidents)
m (4 revisions imported)
Latest revision as of 03:19, 17 February 2016
The Primary is the official children's organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and is part of the church's General Auxiliaries. It originally began in 1878 in Farmington, Utah, but was adopted churchwidje in 1880. The organization is led by a General President and her two counselors. Each stake and ward also has a presidency that oversees the organization within their respective units, but this category focuses on those at the Church-wide level.
The numbers in the parentheses are their years of service as the General President.
- Louie B. Felt (1880-1925)
- May Anderson (1925-1939)
- May Green Hinckley (1940-1943)
- Adele C. Howells (1943-1951)
- LaVern W. Parmley (1951-1974)
- Naomi M. Shumway (1974-1980)
- Dwan J. Young (1980-1988)
- Michaelene P. Grassli (1988-1994)
- Patricia P. Pinegar (1994-1999)
- Coleen K. Menlove (1999-2005)
- Cheryl C. Lant (2005-2010)
- Rosemary M. Wixom (2010-
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. "Primary." LDS.org. https://www.lds.org/callings/primary?lang=eng (accessed 29 Jun 2015).
- _______. "Primary." Mormon Newsroom. http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/primary (accessed 29 Jun 2015).
- Farmington Ward Primary Association minutes and records, 1878-1949. Church History Library, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, Utah (hereafter Church History Library). http://churchhistorycatalog.lds.org/primo_library/libweb/action/display.do?doc=ALEPH-PCHD001162514&displayMode=full&vid=CHL_PUBLIC (accessed 8 Jul 2015).
- Harward, Conrad Afton. "A history of the growth and development of the Primary Association of the LDS Church from 1878 to 1928." Master's thesis. Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, 1976.
- Madsen, Carol Cornwall; Oman, Susan Staker. Sisters and little Saints: one hundred years of Primary. Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1979.
- Peterson, Janet; Gaunt, LaRene. The children's friends: Primary presidents and their lives of service. Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1996.
- "Primary (LDS Church)." Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_(LDS_Church) (accessed 29 Jun 2015).
- Shumway, Naomi M. "Primary." Encyclopedia of Mormonism. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company, 1992. Pages 1146-50. http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Primary (accessed 29 Jun 2015).
- Farmington Ward Primary Association minutes and records, page 1.
This category currently contains no pages or media.