All pages related to the Nauvoo Legion, "a contingent of the Illinois state militia provided for in the Nauvoo city charter. ...The Legion’s main purpose...was to protect the city from mobs and enforce city ordinances and state laws." The name was later applied to the state militia organized in Utah Territory under Brigham Young.
- Flammer, Philip M. "Nauvoo Legion." Encyclopedia of Mormonism. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company, 1992. http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Nauvoo_Legion (accessed 5 Mar 2015).
- Gardner, Hamilton. "Nauvoo Legion, 1840-1845 — A Unique Military Organization." Journal of the Illinois State Historical Society 54, no. 2 (Summer 1961): 181–97.
- "Nauvoo Legion." Joseph Smith Papers, Glossary. http://josephsmithpapers.org/topic?name=Nauvoo%20Legion (accessed 5 Mar 2015).
- "Nauvoo Legion. Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauvoo_Legion (accessed 5 Mar 2015).
- "Nauvoo Legion" in Joseph Smith Papers, Glossary: http://josephsmithpapers.org/topic?name=Nauvoo%20Legion
Pages in category "Nauvoo Legion"
This category contains only the following page.