John Doyle Lee (1812-1877)
|Alternate Names||John D. Lee|
|Birth|| 6 September 1812|
Kaskaskia, Randolph Co., Illinois Territory, United States
|Marriage||Wives of John D. Lee|
|Death|| 23 March 1877|
Mountain Meadows, Utah Territory, United States
|Religious Influence||Church of Christ (1830), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|Occupations||Farmer, courier, riverboat fireman, policeman, merchant, colonizer|
|DBpedia||John D. Lee|
|ISNI||0000 0000 6312 3754|
|JSPP||Lee, John Doyle|
|Wikipedia||John D. Lee|
- Mormonism Unveiled; Or The Life and Confessions of the Late Mormon Bishop, John D. Lee; (Written by Himself), edited by W. W. Bishop (1877)
- A Mormon Chronicle: The Diaries of John D. Lee, 1848–1876, edited by Robert Glass Cleland and Juanita Brooks (1955)
- Diary, 1840-1841. Vault MSS 449. L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah. http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/MMD/id/32437 (accessed 13 Oct 2015).
- John D. Lee Trial Transcript Collection, 1875. Mss B 915. Utah State Historical Society, Salt Lake City, Utah. https://heritage.utah.gov/apps/history/findaids/B00915/B0915.xml (accessed 13 Oct 2015).
- John D. Lee collection, 1844-1859; 1967-2004. MS 19437. Church History Library, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Brooks, Juanita. John Doyle Lee: Zealot, Pioneer Builder, Scapegoat. Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1992.
- Cahoon, Harold P., comp. So you think you know John D. Lee? Washington, Utah: Washington City Historical Society, 2004.
- Fielding, R. Kent. The Tribune Reports of the Trials of John D. Lee for the Massacre at Mountain Meadows: November, 1874-April, 1877. Higganum, Conn.: Kent's Books, 2000.
- "John D. Lee shot in Utah." New York Daily Tribune (24 Mar 1877).
- "John Doyle Lee." Find A Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=20490902 (accessed 13 Oct 2015).
- "Trial of John D. Lee." Los Angeles Weekly Herald (7 Aug 1875)