Heman Conomon Smith (1850-1919)
|Alternate Names||Heman C. Smith|
|Birth|| 27 September 1850|
Zodiac, Gillespie Co., Texas, United States
|Marriage||Vida Elizabeth Smith, 2 June 1886|
|Death|| 17 April 1919|
Independence, Jackson Co., Missouri, United States
|Religious Influence||Church of Christ (Wightite), Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints|
|Callings|| President of the Seventy, 15 April 1885 - 11 April 1887|
Member of Council of Twelve Apostles, 11 April 1887 - 1909
Historian of the Church, 1897-1919
|Wikipedia||Heman C. Smith|
- History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in 4 volumes with Joseph Smith III (1897-1903, vol. 1, vol. 2)
- True succession in church presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints : being a reply to Elder B. H. Roberts on "Succession in the presidency of the church" (1898, 1908, 1912)
- Was Joseph Smith a polygamist? (1899)
- The factions on polygamy and spiritual wifery (1900)
- The truth defended, or, A reply to Elder D. H. Bays' Doctrines and dogmas of Mormonism (1901, 1905)
- Editor of Journal of History (1908-1919)
- Duplicity exposed (1911)
- Burgess, Samuel A. "Heman Conoman Smith." Journal of History 12, no. 3 (July 1919): 266-75. http://latterdaytruth.org/pdf/100012.pdf (accessed 20 May 2015).
- "Heman Conoman Smith." Find A Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=37099066 (accessed 27 Mar 2015).
- Howell, J. M., ed. "Heman C. Smith." History of Decateur County, Iowa and Its People, vol 2. Chicago: S. J. Clarke Publishing, 1915. Page 45. http://iagenweb.org/decatur/bioDocs/1915HistoryBios/HemanCSmith1915.htm (accessed 27 Mar 2015).
- Smith, Heman Hale. "An Appreciation of Heman C. Smith." Journal of History 12, no. 3 (July 1919): 259-65. http://latterdaytruth.org/pdf/100012.pdf (accessed 20 May 2015).