Helen Mar Kimball (1828-1896)
|Alternate Names||Helen Mar Whitney|
|Birth|| 22 August 1828|
Mendon, New York, United States
|Marriage|| Joseph Smith Jr., 1 May 1843|
Horace K. Whitney, 3 February 1846
|Death|| 13 November 1896|
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
|Religious Influence||Church of Christ (1830), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|DBpedia||Helen Mar Kimball|
|Wikipedia||Helen Mar Kimball|
- Plural marriage, as taught by the prophet Joseph: a reply to Joseph Smith, editor of the Lamoni (Iowa) "Herald" (1882)
- Why we practice plural marriage (1884)
- A woman's view: Helen Mar Whitney's reminiscences of early church history edited by Jeni Broberg Holzapfel & Richard Neitzel Holzapfel (1997)
- A widow's tale: the 1884-1896 diary of Helen Mar Kimball Whitney transcribed and edited by Charles M. Hatch and Todd M. Compton (2003)
- Helen M. Kimball Whitney papers, 1881-1882. MS 744. Church History Library, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, Utah (hereafter Church History Library). http://churchhistorycatalog.lds.org/primo_library/libweb/action/display.do?doc=ALEPH-PCHD000062814&displayMode=full&vid=CHL_PUBLIC (accessed 20 Jun 2015).
- Helen K. Whitney legal papers, 1889-1890. MS 5859. Church History Library. http://churchhistorycatalog.lds.org/primo_library/libweb/action/display.do?doc=ALEPH-PCHD000097896&displayMode=full&vid=CHL_PUBLIC (accessed 20 Jun 2015).
- Bashore, Melvin L. Index to the writings of Helen Mar Whitney in the Woman's Exponent. Salt Lake City: The Church Library, Historical Department, 1975.
- Maxwell, Margaret F. "A Kirtland childhood: Helen Mar Kimball and the city of the saints." Lake County Heritage: a magazine of local history 2 (Dec 1991): 41-52.
- Heber Chase Kimball (1801-1868) (parent)
- Joseph Smith Jr. (1805-1844) (spouse)
- Horace Kimball Whitney (1823-1884) (spouse)
- Orson Ferguson Whitney (1855-1931) (child)
- Wives of Joseph Smith